Subscribe

Friday, March 13, 2015

Remembering a Friend

Hi friends,

It seems when someone passes away it forces me to reflect on the past and contemplate the future. I especially think about how I’ve treated others in my life and it allows me to put in perspective what my friends and family mean to me. I think it goes without saying most all of us join me in those feelings. 
After our last planning meeting, I made an effort to contact Sue Childs but, I never heard back from her. It was obvious I didn’t know the extent of her illness. I knew Sue in grade school and went to Camp Fire with her. She was a good person and kind spirit. What I learn through these life experiences is, loss puts friends at the top of the list for the finer things in life. It far outweighs most all the other life experiences I’ve had to date, and comes in the middle of family and the rewards of teaching.
As our committee work grows closer to the end, I am thankful to have reconnected with all of you and proud of the effort we have made in order to reach out to our friends we once walked with through the halls of PHS. Even though I have work to do this weekend, I plan to make a few phone calls as I feel I owe it to my former classmates to reach out once again. There might be someone out there who doesn’t know a thing about the reunion. I know I wouldn’t want to be that person sitting on the other end not knowing or forgotten. I will put my best foot forward. I hope you will join me to do the same and phone an old friend.
Finally, I want to thank everyone for your efforts and your friendship. I spoke to Rod yesterday after reading his message about making calls and suggesting we are the "greatest class alive" still, today. I reinforced to him it is during these times of sadness when our work makes other people very happy, and that in itself is a gift. I let him know how much our classmates appreciated being called or, even remembered enough to be called. I want you all to know from the classmates contacted, even if the answer I received was no or they couldn’t make the reunion, they mostly were very much appreciative of the work we have done.
I look forward to seeing all of you Thursday, March 19th at 5:30 pm ish...
If it’s okay with everyone we will meet at The Anthem Coffee and Tea adjacent to the park. If you have never attended a planning meeting, please come.

I hope we will continue to get together often, and not let ten years separate us. As one my favorite 70's songs by Seals and Crofts says We may never pass this way again.
Have a great evening!
Lisa (Hess) Elliott


No comments:

Post a Comment